Charmed ( Hexed #2) by Michelle Krys

Saturday, October 31, 2015


Publisher : Delacorte Press
Publish date : May 2015
ISBN : 0385743394
Pages :368
Media : Hardcopy
Form : Hardcover
Personal rating : 8.5/10
Summary :
Indie has spent the last few weeks frantically searching for Paige. She's tried every spell imaginable, but witchcraft has gotten her nowhere, and she's going crazy with guilt. Despite what her warlock boyfriend, Bishop, tells her, Indie knows it's her fault her best friend was kidnapped by the Priory. And with the Priory destroyed, finding Paige feels more hopeless than ever-especially when Indie discovers that Paige isn't even on Earth. She's trapped in Los Demonios, an alternate dimension of Los Angeles filled with evil paranormals. No one who has gone there has ever come out.


Fueled by terror and loyalty, Indie is desperate to find a way into the underworld prison. She'll worry about getting out later. But facing the dark world's most dangerous witches and warlocks on her own means keeping her plan hush-hush-and forging alliances with some sketchy people, including a seriously sexy sorcerer.

Sometimes a witch must keep secrets from the people she cares about most. And sometimes she isn't the only one with secrets…

Review


Happy Halloween, folks! So, after months without seeing you guys, I think it would be perfect for me to write a post that match today's event. Here we go,then.


It's been a year and half ever since I read the first book, but I have no problem with reading the second book. This book gives us enough explanation for us to catch up with what happen in the book. There are pros and cons in this book, but it's still more than worth it to be read.



The writing, gosh I always love with those type of writings. Just like the previous book, the writings is flowing easily with some sarcastic humor. The plot also amazing, with more danger to overcome with some twist at the end of the story. Although, I felt that the plot doesn't really connected with the first book. I guess it's because the different atmosphere and the character's development.

Next up, the pace. I don't know why but right now I really want to write about the pace. I guess that's why I write this in an individual paragraph. Anyway, this book is definitely a page-turner. Definitely recommended for you who obsess with fast-paced book. Every time you flip a page, the pace increase. But there are some times, actually, where I felt that the pace is too fast. I felt it's kinda hurry, I wish the series is written in trilogy instead of duology.

Move on to the characters. I have mention above about the character development. Well, you can definitely see how much Indie has grown since the first book. She is more mature, caring,and selfless. She is no longer that perfect cheerleader. Instead, she grew into a wonderful person. The next one, obviously, Bishop. Bishop play the perfect boyfriend thing in this book. But I kinda hope that there are more scene of him because honestly I kinda felt that Indie has solo adventure in this book and i kinda hope that Bishop has more role in helping Indie. There are also new character, Cruz. He is definitely an interesting character to explore, but I don't really see the chemistry that he has with Indie.

Well, that's my candy for you. I definitely recommend the book. I guess the only problem I have is that the series end to soon. There are still many spaces to explore and many things to figure out. But again, it's definitely a heart beating book and I hope you can enjoy the book as much as I do.

"Who you are isn't about your DNA"- Bishop

"There's something black inside me, but maybe there's something black inside everyone"- Indie Blackwood


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)