Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Publisher: Simon and Schuster
ISBN : 1416975861
Publish date : August 31st 2010
Media : Hardcopy
Format :Paperback
Personal rating : 8/10
Summary:
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...


Review
Okay, so it’s been years since I wanted this book. I finally get a copy and I can’t wait to share my experience with you. Well, since I found this book through TMI, I guess there will be some comparison with the series.


            Let’s start with the writing. I always love Cassandra Clare’s writing if you haven’t know. But somehow I felt her writing in this book is a little bit different than her’s in TMI series. The pace is not fast as TMI’s and it’s also a little bit more descriptive? I guess so.

            Next, the plot. I found the plot is very neat and solid. The cause effect is connected . The plot twist is surprising. There are no wasting scenes. All of them are perfectly connected.

            Now move on to the best part. Characters and their relationship. I guess the characters are very relatable and lovable . Not many characters that have both traits at the same time. For example, Tessa is very lovable and her situation is something that you can understand especially for you and I mean all of you my avid reader buddy. Yes, her passion for readings is just like ours , I suppose.

            Next character, the hottie Herondale.Compared to his legendary descendant, honestly he is not as hot. I mean for me, Jace is like my dream boyfriend, if I ever have one, from physical appearance to his prodigious characters. But honestly, sometimes I feel Jace’s characters  far from reality. And at some point I feel that there are too many fire in it. While Will’s characters is not that drop dead gorgeous, it felt more safe and real. Of course he still has Herondale’s charm. But the have different personalities.

            Next up, James Carstairs. OMG, I wish he has more time in this book and I really hope to see more of him. Well, he definitely different than the Herondales. And despite his physical’s issues, he still have the book boyfrient traits. And different ones than the Herondales. Instead of the heroic martyr traits, Jem has this peace and protective good boy traits in him. If the Herondale is fire then Jem is the water. You get it.

            Okay that’s the main characters. For the relationship they have, I definitely love this book’s relationship. They didn’t focused on the romance too much. You see, most if the TMI is all about Clace, Clace,Clace,Clace,Malec,Malec,Malec,Sizzy,Sizzy, etc. But in Clocwork Angel, since I haven’t read the rest of the TID series, the friendships are standout. I mean, I can see how important a parabatai actually mean. I can see how Will and Jem really care for each other to the point of life and death . It’s very different if you compare it to Jace and Alec. And in the institute. In the London institute, it’s more family oriented. I guess that’s why I love it.

            Anyway, this is a wonderful book and eventhough many has read it , I still recommend it. If you think this book is similar with TMI, well I don’t really think so. They have the same shadowhunter background, but the atmosphere and vibes is different, and I believe that both books attract different readers

"There is more to life than not dying"- James Carstairs
"There's plenty of sense in non sense sometimes, if you wish to look for it"- William Herondale

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)