The Fault in Our Star by John Green

Tuesday, March 11, 2014



Publisher          : Dutton Books
Published Year : 2012
ISBN              : 9780525478812
Pages              : 318
Format            : Paperback
Personal Rating : 8/10
Summary (Book's Cover ) :
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten

Review :

Okay, I know hundreds of you have read it. And the book has been sold in  my country for a year or two, but I never had any intentions to read it.  It’s not my genre ,I suppose.
 
But I got this assigment to write an article about anything romance related for school magazine. I always sucks at romance , so I decided to write a review instead. And the first thing that crossed my mind is this book. It’s perfect for my assigment. It’s not too common as Romeo and Juliet, but it’s understandable for people in my school!


I know this is suppose to be my school assigment, but I found this book very wonderful. So, I guess why don’t I just post it? And this is my review

This is my first John Green book, so I guess I cant compare it with his other works. But I’m sure this book is very great. And the best thing about it is that, the books show you what a true love is. There’s no chessy romances or chessy conversation. It’s just pure love. How Hazel and Agustus just accept each other, fighting side by side, and always be there for each other, it’s amazing.

And I guess, it’s one thing that I learn from this book. Love is not about kiss or sex. It’s about caring each other. How you never leave the one you love. That’s the real love all about.

Let’s move on to the characters. I think it’s the second best thing about the book. John Green created the characters with very strong personalities. For example, Hazel. You know it the moment you read the book that she had this sarcastic,desperate, but very kind personality. You can see how she pull herself from the world and started to live her life after Augustus came.

And then there’s Augustus. I never understand why girls were and are crazy about him before. But I guess I can see it why. He has a very unique personality. He isn’t on of those hot and sexy sterotype guy. Well, he is hot and sexy. It’s just that how he went against the world with all the metaphor. And his confidence. It’s just… Well, I know that lots of girls love that.

And now, at last, the writing. John Green’s writing is a little bit different than I usually prefer. Most of the time, I read books that have very detail description about almost everything. Like Cassandra Clare’s , I guess. But John Green has his own style. He didn’t write everything in such detail , but somehow his writing could make your imagination go wild and make you feel the character’s adventures. It a pity though, that he used some complicated terms. There’s a moment where I need to guess about the meaning and stuff.


“You gave me infinite within the numbered days” — Hazel Grace

“I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up” — Augustus Waters

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)