City of Bones (The Mortal Instrument #1) : The Movie

Monday, September 2, 2013

What's up TMI fans! It's been a week since the movie premiere and I believe that most of you have seen it. I also believe that most , if not, all of you are thrilled with the movie. I love the book as much as I do with the movie. It's been sometime since I've watched it and I'm still like this



  Well, I hope you don't mind about spoiler because I think there are some in my review :



Gosh! I don't think it could've been any better. I did expect something a little but different but the movie was so much better!! The best thing about the movie is that they didn't change it too much from the book. There are some changes, though, like the begining and the ending. But I think I need to tolerate those, right? The director need some creation too and I think they've done a wonderful job. Besides, they still put lots of my favorite quotes from the book, like Clary's 16th birthday. I think, at least 90% of the scene is exactly like the book ( to be honest, I remember it because I have read that part like hundreds of times :D ).

For the characters, I think they've choosed the perfect cast. They all fit with their roles. They are exactly like what I've imagined ( almost, I guess :p ).  But, Luke and Hodge are a little bit different than what I expect. I was hoping that Luke is more like bussinessman-like, which I think will be weird now. So, they still choose better cast than I do . Hodge, I don't know what to say. He just not like what I though, which is not a really big problem. I also think that Magnus Bane in the movie is way more young and handsome than I imagine!!


Okay. Let's see my favorite character, Jace. When the first time I heard that Jamie Campbell is going to potrayed him,  I was like.... Whaaaat??
I mean, seriously, he is a Volturi!!

But, I re-checked it again. And I thought, yeah, he could potray Jace perfectly. He got the same body posture, same hair, same angular cheek. And I'm not dissappointed at all. I could accept him as Jace Wayland.

Like I've said before, there aren't many changes. I'm not sure is it just me or the movie is more sweet and romantic than the book? I guess that because Jace in the movie shows more emotions than Jace in the book. In the movie, he didn't show many sarcastic attitude and acted more affectionate toward Clary. I think it's a great improvisation, make the movie sweeter and hearthrobbing :D. Besides, I think it would be weird if Jamie as Jace kept showing straight face and become the male version of Bella Swan ( twilight fans,  please, I mean no harm )

So, I guess that's it. It's one of the greatest movie I have ever watched. I am  more than satisfied and I hope that you love it as much as I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)